Zucchini, zucchini or squash are vegetables that have a mild taste and contain very little fat. They are quite nutritious and are considered healthy food for both humans and animals.
Can I give zucchini to dogs?
- Why not? Although some fruits and vegetables, such as avocados, grapes, onions and garlic, which are very fond of people, and can be dangerous to dogs, zucchini are completely harmless to them. On the contrary, including them in the dog's diet will have a positive effect on her health.
It is important to know that cereals, vegetables and fruits, add to the food of dogs should be moderately. All the same, dogs are carnivorous creatures, and most of their diet should consist of meat.
Despite the fact that fresh zucchini are not toxic to dogs, it will be more useful to give them to cooked animals. So they will be better absorbed. But, if you decide to give the pet zucchini in raw form, then it is better to grind them in puree.
Zucchini and zucchini can be prepared in a variety of ways. They can be boiled, stewed, fried, cooked on the grill or baked. Frying is not a healthy process for a dog, compared to other ways of cooking. In addition, it is believed that fried foods can cause a variety of diseases, such as, for example, pancreatitis. Therefore, if possible, fried zucchini dogs should not be given.
Benefits of zucchini
Zucchini - nutritious vegetables. They are rich in potassium and vitamin C. They contain a lot of folic acid, manganese, beta-carotene, calcium, B6 and K vitamins and many other useful substances. Thus, zucchini are a very nutritious product for dogs. If you add them to the food of the animal, it will help keep his skin and coat healthy, and also prevent him from growing fat.
Tips for cooking zucchini
- Prepare a mixture of bread crumbs and grated Parmesan cheese. Cheese should be put quite a bit. Dip slices of zucchini in egg whites, and then in a succulent-cheese mixture. Give them 10 minutes to lie down, after which they can be given to the dog.
- Not bad to cook from zucchini and cookies. Mix oatmeal and flour. In a separate bowl, combine grated zucchini, water and molasses. Combine both mixtures and spread the dough over a smooth surface. Cut the mass into separate pieces, place pieces on a baking sheet or baking sheet with a spatula. Bake cookies in the oven for half an hour, then remove, cool and let your pet eat.
- Some dogs do not like the taste and texture of the zucchini. In such cases, you can grate it and add small amounts of it to the dog food. Gradually, the animal will get used to this taste, and then zucchini can be added more.
- The proportions in these recipes can be taken any, at your discretion. You can mix zucchini with other products. Just need to know in advance that they are safe for the dog. After all, it is known that some foods can be eaten by humans, and dogs can not. The main ones are onion and garlic.
So, we again assert that zucchini are very useful for dogs and must be included in their diet. However, if your pet is allergic to them, zucchini, of course, should not be given to it.