Dogs from time immemorial were considered the most loyal and devoted companions of man. But sometimes it happens that these good, wonderful creatures can become a threat to us.
The following information, perhaps, will seem somewhat harsh. But the attack of dogs on people is growing, and often with very serious consequences. And if suddenly some day, no matter for what reason, you will encounter dog aggression, you will know how to behave ...
Dogs are flocks of animals, with a clear hierarchical structure inside the pack. There is a leader, and there are subordinates. Any disobedience is quickly and severely punished. Therefore, in a controversial situation, the dog seeks to take the place of the leader, if there is even the slightest chance of doing so.
Even if there is a person in front of her whom she thought was necessary to protect her rights to a toy, to the territory, to a "place under the sun" ... (Human behavior may cause a dog: sudden menacing movements, a look at point-blank range and even a sharp smell. )
In every way, try to avoid the dog's attack. Do not come nearer and the more so do not climb your hands or any objects to someone else's dog! Do not play, touch or feed without the permission of the owner!
If the dog is on the attack ...
Each dog, depending on the situation, differently expresses aggression. But there are basic typical manifestations that a person should know about in order to be ready for them:
- Growl, grin;
- A threatening posture, a wary look;
- Jump, enemy attack and biting;
- Overturning the enemy with subsequent biting.
- Many people are psychologically difficult to resist the attacking dog. And often the first reaction in a person flashes: "Turn around and run!". That's just this and it is impossible to do anything! It's useless: the dog runs 5 times faster than the person. An exception is the case when it is possible to quickly be out of the reach of a dog: quickly climb up a tree, climb up a vertical ladder, enter the water to the waist (in the water, the dog, as a rule, is defenseless).
- When there is no possibility to leave, and the dog has only started to show aggression without attacking, it is necessary to try to "neutralize" its aggression. Here is important restraint and calm. Maximum self-control. No adrenaline - the dogs feel it and are excited. Mobilize all your psychological reserves and try not to pay attention to the dog. Show your calm and indifference to all your appearance. Do not look into her eyes, do not turn towards her. Do not make sudden movements, do not show fear. Observe the dog only with a sidelight: show that your life paths do not overlap, you are busy with your own affairs. Then she will not believe that you encroach on its territory, its place in the pack, its prey, etc. By the way, when a dog attacks with bark, the danger is usually small. Most likely, it just frightens you, driving you from the territory where you are. But still be on the alert, as theoretically the attack can follow.
- When the aggression of the dog is obvious, get ready for protection. Try, defending yourself, to scare off the animal. First of all, believe in yourself. You are still a man, and no matter how clever the dog is, but you are still smarter and will find a way to protect yourself. Assess the power of the dog and the possibilities of improvised means. We always carry with us some things: an umbrella, a handbag, cigarettes, a lighter, shoes, finally! And how many "useful objects" around you can be found: a stick, a stone, sand ...
Everything can come in handy. The main thing is to act fast, out of the box, illogical for a dog. As they say in England, "it does not matter what you have, it's important how efficiently you use it."
Examples from life: a dog can scare off playing a harmonica or whistle loudly (switch attention) if you throw something aside (distract your eyes), get on all fours (confuse), use powder (almost like a gas can) , A lighter with a fire (the fear of a "red flower" works, as in a fairy tale about Mowgli).
Try not to swing either hands or objects: do not fuss. Set the "protection" in front of you, "close" it from the dog. Do not act like an umbrella, like a club, it's not effective. The umbrella works much better as a shield. Open and close it - the dog does not understand the essence of things. For her and the newspaper - an insurmountable barrier, if she does not see the goal. And the suddenly changing geometric dimensions of the victim simply confuse it. So in the absence of an umbrella, a stretched jacket (raincoat, jacket, scarf) can become a psychological wall between you and the dog.
Never scream in an aimlessly frightened voice - this is the cry of the victim. If you really scream, then confidently, in order to scare off a dog. Do not know what to do - sing!
Keep in mind that various nerve gases from canisters practically do not work on dogs. But excellent effect gives pepper gases. Or just pepper. Dog, falling into the pepper cloud, quickly disoriented. And if you
It will be possible to get into the nostrils (or, in extreme cases, into the eyes), the war ends immediately. Tobacco acts in a similar way.
If you can not avoid conflict with the animal, prepare for the necessary protection.
How to behave directly when attacking a dog?
If there is not a dog owner nearby who can help you, and the danger is serious enough, do this: lean your back against the wall, the fence, so as not to fall and not allow yourself to bite yourself from behind. Pick up something from your outer clothing and put it in front of you on outstretched hands. The dog instinctively grabs it and pulls it. Hold tight! If the dog can snatch the clothes from your hands, use other improvised means. Drag the time. Try to do without hitting the dog: if you do it clumsily, the blows will only anger her.
Throwing rocks and sand on a dog is the easiest way to avoid contact with it.
If the dog pounces at you with an open mouth, you can even use a comb: setting in front of you, purposefully insert your hand into the mouth vertically between the upper and lower jaws. So the dog will not be able to close the mouth and be distracted from you by its new problem.
If, nevertheless, you are in a desperate situation and you have to deal a blow, it is better to put it in a vulnerable position. The dog does not have so many vulnerabilities, but they do. And if you know them, you can quickly neutralize any dog:
- The tip of the nose (a painful area, from a very strong blow the dog can even die);
- Peritoneum and inguinal region (muscles are poorly adapted to retaining shocks, tears are possible),
- Spine (middle of back)
Bumps are unusual for dogs, like bites for humans .
- Strike better with your fist or feet in the indicated pain points. The impact must be strong and accurate. The dog must at least be stunned or discarded.
- You must be morally stronger than a dog, feel like a master of the situation. Your ideology should be "I'll do anything I want with you, and you're with me only what I'll let you do."
Of course, the recommendations given here are useful only when protecting from untrained dogs. To combat decisively-minded professional dogs, special training and real weapons are needed. But your most likely four-legged opponent is precisely a boorish animal. So if you take advantage of our advice, the chances of success in the fight are high. The main thing, as in all other cases of life, is not to lose self-control.
And the last. Any fact of an attack of a dog on a person (independent or at the master's urge) is an emergency. In no case should you leave such incidents without attention. Even if the owner will say that it is you who irritated his dog - the dog in a public place should be on a leash and in a muzzle
Thank you for the advice of the instructor-cynologist, the breeder of the Nemetsikh Shepherds Andrei Shklyaev