Each dog breeder strives to give the best dog food.
What is the best food for a dog? Have you ever thought about the composition and ingredients in the dog food? Even the composition of the feed, which must be present on each package, you can determine the best dog food. How can this be healthy?
Most of the dog food in stores is so highly processed and full of preservatives that they are not better for our dogs than potato chips are for a person. However, unlike potato chips, dog food must prove that it can provide all the nutrients necessary for the dog. Therefore, to determine which food is better for a dog, read these tips on how to find healthy food for your dog.
1. The best ratio for a healthy dog's diet is about 50% of meat, 50% of vegetables, and no grain, wheat, or other cheap fillers should be. Such information can be found on the labels of food packages. Make sure that the list of ingredients contains meat, and sources high in protein.
2. It is necessary to pay attention to the by-products in the proposed feed. These include chicken beaks, legs, guts, heads, bones, nails, pig hooves and other undesirable foods. For the best dog food, they should not be.
3. The best dog food should not contain any flavors, artificial additives or colorants.
4. Grain can be a good source of energy for dogs, but it can also be used as a cheap filler, in order to increase the percentage of protein foods. Any grain used to feed your dog should be used in its entire form, as it delivers more fiber, vitamins and minerals. The best grain for dogs (when used in acceptable amounts) are oat flakes, barley, quinoa, millet and brown rice.
5. Often on the labels with the composition indicate primarily meat, and then the other side ingredients and fillers. In some cases, although the meat is indicated first, the ratio of fillers after meat can change the whole picture.
6. In spite of the fact that dogs are carnivorous by nature, it is possible to plan the pet's translation correctly for vegetarian food. In spite of this, most veterinarians and practitioners believe that a dog can live on a vegetarian diet, but they will not thrive on it.
7. Remember that preservatives may be necessary for use in food, but they, in no case should be artificial and contain a large number of chemical additives. Avoid dog food that uses chemical preservatives butyl hydroxyoxide (BHA), butyl chydroxytoluene (BHT) and ethoxyquin. Much better and more useful for your dog will be if the food is saturated with a high content of vitamins C and E.
8. Choose a premium dog food . Often, dry food for dogs of economy class does not benefit the dog. So, if your budget allows you to buy premium dog food, do not save on it. Food for a premium dog is better than other fodder.
9. Some suppliers of dog food use such marketing technologies as indicating the class of food "man-class" on the packaging. Such food should consist of 100% of whole and natural products. In fact, this is often just advertising.
10. Some dog breeders, especially abroad, believe that it is not necessary for a dog to eat what a person did not eat. But there are products that you ate (such as chocolate, grapes, raisins, onions, etc.) and they are not suitable for feeding your dog. Do not make the mistake of thinking that human food is suitable for a dog and that it is even more terrible for a dog person.
11. If you really want to be sure of what your dog eats, then try to cook the food yourself. It's not as difficult as it seems! There are many recipes and meal plans that are available on the Internet. Before preparing food for pets, you need to consult a veterinarian, and make sure that the diet is well balanced for your pet.
Each dog, like every person, has different nutritional needs. It is very important that you consult with your veterinarian to determine which foods best suit the needs of your pet. Determine the quality of food for the pet can be by its excrement. The feces of a pet after a good meal must be firm without any trace of blood or mucus.
12. When changing the diet of a dog, it is necessary to smoothly switch to other food. Abrupt transition to other food can cause some difficulties with digestion and assimilation of food. It is recommended to gradually increase the amount of new food in the following proportions: 1/7, 1/3, 1/1, 3/1, 7/1 and 1. Each change in pet food should be gradual within a few days (from 5 days to Weeks) between the changes. Even a 4-day transition can help to avoid digestive disorders.
13. Not all pet owners can buy their animals the best food that they have. Therefore, it is necessary to feed the dog in accordance with your budget. Use what you learned about the ingredients on the label to make the best decision in favor of any dog food. It is believed that for the digestion of dogs eating raw food, one of the most useful diets.
You can easily find meat bones in stores. To feed dogs are very useful vegetables or fruits (tomatoes, carrots, apples, etc.). In addition, vitamins should be added to food. When feeding a dog with raw foods, you should avoid pork (poorly digested pork fat) and river fish (a large number of parasites) in the diet, as well as tubular bones (mostly birds) that can damage the dog's stomach.
So, if you are limited in means, and can not afford to buy premium dog food, this does not mean that you will not be able to provide the best dog food. It would be time and desire and the best food for your pet you can cook yourself and the question: " What food for a dog is better? ", You will answer with confidence - The best dog food is the one that her loving owner will cook for her
Dear dog breeders, and just lovers of pets, the above tips will help to maintain health and prolong the life of your friends.