Each breed has a characteristic stance and a special position of the hind limbs. This is necessary for a correct assessment of the harmony of the dog and its individual articles.
Therefore, the exhibition dog must be able to stand in the rack.
How to start training?
- To a dog to study well with a tasty encouragement, before training it does not need to be fed for about 8 hours.
- The training site should be quiet and calm, and the dog's paws should not slide.
- The dog descends from the leash, and the owner clamps his hands in the palm of delicacies.
- He gives a sniff to the dog's clamped palm and, without giving a treat, begins to play: make sharp turns, spin, jump, raise hands with a treat.
- This is to ensure that the dog was in the game mode, relaxed and did not perceive studies as hard work.
Without taking a break from the game, the dog already accustomed to the ring is put on the floor (or table) and hands are given the required position, give the command "Stand". At first, you can support the dog by the lower jaw to fix the stand. But over time, you need to leave this.
The dog must stand alone.
When the dog has frozen in the correct position for at least 3 seconds, it needs to give one piece of goodies, fixing the rack.
It is necessary again to command "Stand" and when the dog does not take his eyes off the delicacy held in his hand, the master should draw a large circle in the air with a smooth movement of his hand.
After that, again give a treat. And so every next piece after the team and the circle hand. This is done so that the dog calmly waits for a delicacy in the rack.
Movement with his hand as if hypnotizing her, she freezes and expects delicacies. In addition, the dog gets used to the fact that the owner can make a hand movement, for example, adjust the ring and at the exhibition will not jump in search of a treat. Circle hand "drawn" only at the initial stage of training. When the dog will stand still for a long time, this maneuver will no longer be needed.
Delicacy should be given as long as the dog is beautiful and still. Then it will quickly and for a longer period remember the correct position. If the dog has sat down or moved his paw, you need to turn away from it sharply and move aside for about 30 seconds. After that, you need to start the learning phase from the beginning. When the delicacy is over, the dog should be loudly praised and patted. Even when the rack is perfectly worked out, at the exhibition before the performance it should be repeated several times.