A hat for dogs under certain weather conditions is extremely necessary. In modern domestic dogs, there are a variety of ear diseases , many of which develop due to hypothermia.
Walking with animals in the rain and wind often leads to the development of otitis media - inflammation of the middle ear. But it is impossible not to walk with dogs of large and medium size. Hence, it is necessary to protect them from hypothermia of the head. At the same time, small pets are quite cold at temperatures below zero.
Therefore, to protect the dog's ears from trouble, during the cold and especially frosty season you can use a hat. The model of the cap depends on the size and shape of the dog's ears. For breeds with cropped or with long hanging ears, hats will fit like human ones. And for dogs with large standing ears, they will have to provide a place for the ears.
Hat "Boyarka" with standing ears
In this case, we mean the dog's ears, not the hats. This is a universal model, which can be adapted both for dogs with hanging, and with standing ears. For sewing such a model, only two parts will be needed. One is a long rectangle, and the second is a circle. To determine their size, you need to take measurements.
- It is necessary to measure the animal's head from the eyebrows through the back of the head, passing along the base of the ears. This is the girth of the head.
- The second measurement is exactly the vertical distance from the base of the auricle to the crown in dogs with hanging ears or the vertical distance from the base of the auricle to the tip of the ear in dogs with standing ears.
- The length of the rectangle in the pattern is equal to the circumference of the head. Its width is equal to the second measure. The circumference of the second part is equal to the first measure - the girth of the head.
- In order for the hat to have a clear shape, it is better to sew it from a dense material: drape, dense wool, etc.
- After the cap is cut on the fabric, the details are sewn: first the rectangle is sewn with short sides, then a circle is sewn to it.
- To keep the hat well on the active pet on the sides it is better to sew two ribbon-ties, and the back of the loop, to fasten the cap to the collar.
If the ears of the dog are standing, then for greater protection of the animal's head from the cold and wind, it is possible to carve out of the main fabric and sew large "ears", which will be tied under the throat.
We sew the simplest hat for a dog with our own hands
This hat can be sewn for a dog with small standing ears or hanging.
- First you need to take measurements. The first is the distance from the eyes to the collar through the back of the head. The second is the girth of the head in the widest place.
- Now you can cut out the cap. It has the form of a rectangle, where the first measure represents its short side. The long side is calculated from the calculation: the second measure multiplied by 1.5.
- It will also be necessary to cut out the kulis, the length of which is equal to the first measure, and the width is 3-5 cm.
- To cut out it is necessary with calculation of an allowance on seams.
- The first part is sewn on the short sides, and the elastic band is sewn into the long sides.
To ensure that the depth of the cap can always be adjusted, in the seam between the short sides sewing kuliska, which pulls the cord and put the lock.