When feeding a dog with natural food, it is important to remember that the food should be full and balanced. The diet should consist of cereals - 45%, meat - 35% (for an average dog it is 250 grams) and vegetables with fruits - 20%.
Meat should be moist, not very fat. Also, dairy products (cheese, cottage cheese, kefir, yogurt) are boiled eggs and raw yolks, rusks from rye bread and flakes. From vegetables, cabbage, carrots, rutabaga, pumpkin, beets, zucchini are useful for dogs. Mandatory and greens: dill, parsley, lettuce, garlic and onions.
Advantages of natural dog food
- Dog owner has the opportunity to make a diet independently, varying a set of products and selecting them depending on the individual characteristics of the dog (age, state of health, pregnancy, bitch, etc.) and its food preferences.
- The owner of the dog can be sure that the products that are used for cooking, he personally selected and tested for quality, as well as cooked properly.
- A dog needs to develop a chewing apparatus. When feeding natural food , the dog has the opportunity to bite all: hard bones, vegetables, soft fruit.
Disadvantages of natural dog food
- Not every meal that suits people or other animals is well perceived by the dog's body. Some species can cause digestive disorders (for example, pearl barley), others - diseases and even death (sugar, chocolate, etc.). All these subtleties must be very well known.
- It is necessary to constantly calculate the diet and each correctly select and measure the desired ratio of products, to calculate the necessary vitamins and minerals.
- The process of buying fresh food as well as daily cooking takes quite a lot of time and effort.
- To store semi-finished products, as well as ready-to-eat food you need quite a lot of space in the fridge. Also it is necessary to watch, that the dog ate everything and left the food in the bowl not spoiled.
To feed a dog with natural food it is not necessary to buy her meat in "human" stores. In specialized stores or departments, special products are sold.
These are semi-finished products from beef, lamb and horse by-products: scars, lungs, stomachs, etc. They also include raw fat. Such a product in raw form is added to the cooked porridge.
Also packs are sold with a perfectly prepared dog dinner, which includes welded cereals (buckwheat, wheat, etc.) and raw minced meat with a crushed bone, pieces of scar. In this feed, the meat component must have at least 70%.