In order for an adult dog to be healthy, it is necessary to take care of the puppy especially carefully. The food should be as balanced as possible, and the food for the puppies should be of the highest quality.
Balanced feeding means that the dog consumes not only her favorite meat and other protein foods, but her diet includes many other substances that the dog naturally has without pleasure or refuses at all. And they, nevertheless, are vitally necessary for it.
All these ingredients are taken into account in dry food even in economy class. But the more professional the feed, the more weighted in it the necessary substances.
Therefore, if an adult dog can be fed dry food even with an economy class, then the puppy should be raised on the stern of not lower than the premium class ( Dog Chow , Pro Pac, etc.), but better - on a professional ( Pro Plan , Hills , Eukanuba etc .).
Breeders noticed that puppies growing on middle-class feeds are slowly growing and as a result, the dog becomes more elegant and lighter, although it does not have any special problems with health.
On professional forages, puppies do not overeat, but they gain weight well and have the best wool cover. Dogs grow in good size.
What is important to pay attention to when buying fodder for puppies?
- At the stern should be sure to indicate that it is designed to feed the puppies. In this food, various features of the growing organism are provided. For example, pellets of puppy fodder are much smaller in size so that the puppy can gnaw them.
- Also there is a difference in the composition of the feed for puppies. It includes all the useful minerals, vitamins, calcium, proteins and everything a puppy needs for full development and proper growth.
- Often the producers of dog food on the packs indicate for which breeds the given ration is intended. And such food will be the most suitable, since all the features of the development of this particular breed are taken into account in its manufacture.
- It must be remembered that when feeding puppies with dry food, it is not allowed to feed natural food and even add vitamins. Mineral-vitamin supplementation is prescribed only for individual health problems: joint injuries, infections, poisoning, etc.
- With mixed feeding, there may be an excess of phosphorus, protein or a lack of calcium, which often leads to problems with joints and kidney failure.
- You can not alternate dry food with natural food. This is fraught with the development of chronic gastritis.
- Begin to feed the puppy with dry food from the age of 3 weeks, grinding food and mixing it with milk. From the age of six months the feed can be given in a dry form, a little soaking in milk. From 3 months milk should be excluded.
Feed for puppies
At our request, visitors to our site send their feedback on the feeds for the puppies. We will introduce you to some of them
Testimonial No.1 for Eucanuba puppies:
My tiny toy terrier used to eat meat with meat for half a year, although it "fed" - it's loudly said. I had to beg for a little lick of food on my knees. I had to find urgently a suitable food for puppies. After reading a lot of reviews, I chose Eukanubu and did not fail. Finally, my berry began to eat with appetite. The dog recovered to the required volumes, the oils disappeared, the wool shone, and the teardrops under the eyes disappeared.
Review №2 for pet food for puppies Brit:
They fed the puppy Labrador naturalka until he had problems: periodic diarrhea, an unpleasant odor from the mouth and ears, hair, as if powdered with powder. We decided that some component of food is allergic. And then one dogma advised the food for puppies Brit, which she takes to her dog-allergiku. Our Kuzya easily passed on to him, began to eat with great pleasure and yet never refused. Ears stopped to smell, as well as from the mouth, the discharge from the ears and dandruff disappeared. The wool now shines, as before, and there was none. When you go to the toilet, the piles are smaller. I believe this indicates better digestion of feed. I consider it a plus that the food is not produced in Russia, but it is a bit annoying that the granules, although not very strong, but smell of mixed fodder. And the price is good, for two months we have a bag of 8 kg.
Alexander, St. Petersburg
Testimonial No. 3 for puppy feed Proplan:
Another puppy my dog had problems with the gastrointestinal tract. The food was not digested, the puppy was ill and sad, which for a spaniel is simply not natural. One of the veterinarians advised us to try the puppy food Pro Plan. And now our dog just reborn. He grows well, is mobile, active, always cheerful. We forgot about problems with the stomach, and teeth in excellent condition. And since we immediately take 20 kilo-gram packages of feed, the price is very profitable.
Dear readers of our resource, if you have ever used any food for puppies in your practice, please share your opinion by writing in the form below. This way you can help make the right choice for other dog owners
Price of feed for puppies
How much do dry diets cost for our little friends? The cost of food naturally differs from the weight of the packaging, the manufacturer's firm and the class. The most expensive food is super premium. The average retail price of fodder for puppies is 2000 to 2300 rubles for 15 kg. package. In each case, you should contact the trading company.