Many owners, watching the tricks of their pets, ask the question: "Is it possible and necessary to beat a dog?"
By and large, it's easy to answer: "You can not beat a dog". And it's not in pity, but in dog psychology. It's just pointless to beat a dog.
Why can not you beat the dog?
- The fact is that dogs, unlike humans, have only an elementary rational activity.
- They do not have logical thinking, that is, the dog can not connect two events that occur in different periods of time.
So if the puppy chewed your shoe in the morning, and you came home from work and found it.
No cuffs will explain to the kid for what you are angry with him. In order for a dog to tie two actions, they must occur almost simultaneously in a different way
The effect will not only not be, but the dog can gain a foothold with just a negative reaction. For example, often the owners make the same mistake. The dog ate something ate. The owner beckons her team: "To me," and when the dog comes up, he starts to beat her. Is it possible to beat a dog for this? Naturally, no! And that's why:
As a result, the animal remembers only the last connection of events: after executing the command "To me" it is beaten, then it does something wrong. And the dog stops executing the command. More "advanced" owners beat the dog immediately at the time of undesirable action, in order to adjust the behavior of the pet. But these cuffs are often also not advisable.
Are there situations when you can beat a dog?
Such situations do not exist!
- There is no need to beat a five-month-old puppy when he goes wrong beside him
- It is quite possible to do with jerks leash
- Another case of using beating - to show the dog its authority, to take the position of the leader of the pack
- And so does the master who made mistakes in the upbringing of the puppy
- When the dog only grows and checks "who is the master in the house," one strict eye is enough to put it in its place in the pack
In extreme cases, you can shake the sagging baby behind the scruff, as his mother did. Check what the dog thinks the house can be through food. It is necessary to put a dog bowl with food and, not allowing the dog, again to remove it. The dog should not disagree with such actions, but calmly wait for permission to eat.
In general, so that the dog does not pretend to be a leader, it should not be allowed: it is the first to sleep in a better place (for example, on the owner's pillow), go first, start a fight with other dogs, decide what to do. But even if the time has already been lost and the adult dog with serious intentions regains his dominant position in the house, his behavior can still be corrected with the help of hard training of obedience skills.
Such training exercises a powerful pressure on the nervous system of the dog, placing the animal in its place. For correct correction, it is better to consult a professional who will teach you how to properly influence the dog. Thus, to beat the dog is not only cruel and not humane, but, most importantly, it is meaningless. This will not achieve her obedience, but you can get completely undesirable results: a frightened, angry and disoriented animal.