Recently I met the owner of an unusual dog. Marble skin, an original hairstyle and gracefulness - that's what a Chinese crested gets at birth as a gift from a generous nature.
And having talked with the proprietress, I have learned, that it is far not all dignities of exotic and fashionable breed
These incredible dogs probably also have an interesting story ...
- It really is. Scientists could not determine where the ancestors of the Chinese crested lived in Mexico or China. But originally, the naked saber was called "canis africanus," because due to the absence of wool, only a hot climate suited them.
And although there are quite a few woolless dogs in the world: Mexican, African, Indian Rampur hound, - small woolly "islands" covering their heads, paws and tail, are very different from those that have Chinese crested ones. In the latter, the wool does not resemble a stubble, like a fellow, but a real "hairstyle", which the owners can lay down to their own taste, but without requiring complex maintenance.
Maria, why did you decide that in your home this "naked" miracle must necessarily exist?
- My son is allergic to dog hair, so we thought for a long time which breed would not harm his health, did not dare to have an animal, although they dreamed about him. And then we saw in the Romeo kennel - and realized that he was the one we were looking for - a new member of the family who, moreover, will not force our son to suffer from an allergy to wool.
Is it difficult to take care of the Chinese crested?
- Any animal needs care, despite the fact whether it has wool or not. However, of course, it's easier to take care of Chinese crested horses than, for example, Pomeranian Spitz .
Nevertheless, the breed has two varieties - a naked crested and a puff. Puffs also fit people suffering from allergies, they molt only once in their entire life - dropping the "baby" wool and dressing in a luxurious "adult" coat that needs to be combed regularly.
As for naked dogs - here too, have their own wisdom. The owner of such a dog will have to know everything about caring for dog skin - it is necessary that the pet was healthy and looked great.
Is it easy for Chinese crested to give in to training?
"I would say it's too easy." Of course, much depends on the cynologist and the host, but these dogs are by nature smart and obedient. My dog understands me with a half-word.
What is the height of your pet?
- Height - 32.5 cm, and weight - 5 kg (according to the breed standard it should not exceed 5 kg).
What to feed the Chinese Crested?
- Initially, our baby was eating super-premium food , and a little later we switched to natural food. Now we alternate the food with "natural"
Probably, passers-by on walks pay attention to your pet ...
- Always! Often they are surprised, because for the first time they see such a dog - elegant, but practically hairless, not counting the tuft, tufts of hair on the ears, paws and tail.
Often, the owners complain about the smell of the dog and the specific smell from the mouth of the dog. It is believed that
The hairless dogs do not suffer from this. Have you faced this?
- Probably, you will be surprised, but never. And although we spend all our free time together with the pet, and the child does not depart from it practically at all, even our baby did not complain that the dog "smells".
Which people should not start a naked Chinese crested?
- If you do not have enough time for an animal - this dog is not for you. The fact is that these doggies are very mobile and cheerful, they simply can not sit all day locked up without a host.
And how do dogs treat children?
- By my own example I can confirm that if the dog and the child grow up together, there will be no difficulties. Any dog should be properly raised - not without this, but in general, the attitude to children of any age, the Chinese crested is positive.
And as for other pets, how do the crested get along with them?
"Fine, but it's better if the pets grow together." Moreover, these are precautionary measures aimed rather at preventing aggression from other animals, not crested ones.
What could you say about your Romeo and the breed?
- My dog and other crested dogs are cheerful dogs, ideal friends for children and adults. They are devoted companions in any business! You will not regret if you get this charming creature!